Monday, April 26, 2010

Unimaginable

We have a tree in the backyard that is a gnarled mess of branches that has long ago gotten out of control. It has a couple of squirrel nests in it and just a ton of branches that swirl around every which way. I did some trimming on it before we brought the hot tub in, which is located out of the picture below just to the left. It is a tree that I don't really care for and eventually want to remove it. Grass won't grow underneath it and it takes up the limited amount of backyard space we have. But once a year, for about two weeks, it produces these lovely little rose-like bouquets. They really pretty...but only for about a week or two.

Eventually, we will remove it. Quite possibly this year. we're not really sure yet and I would like t0 be relatively sure that if I am displacing squirrels, they will not have any young ones waiting for me to exterminate them. I do have a love/hate relationship with the squirrels, but it is not my intention to purposely kill them. I will settle for making them homeless.

No comments: