Sunday, September 12, 2010

Another Skunk Rides the Bus

I got up at six to check the trap I set. I was pleased to see I scored! I now believe we have them all rounded up and re-located to the Se7en Mile Hiking Area, an area I would not recommend for a pleasant hike. If I get one more, that will be thirteen skunks I have re-located to that area.


I'm not sure this one will last long. The first thing he did when I set him free was to cross the road. All the others went deep into the forrest.


Number Twelve was also rather agitated and expressed that agitation the way skunks express stuff. I was not hit by the expression but I was definitely in the blast zone. Enough so that I was smelling skunk during our morning SpokeFest ride.


We rode the nine mile course which was actually almost ten. My big accomplishment for the ride was to make it up Doomsday Hill without stopping. I was breathing pretty hard at the top and smelling skunk.


I have just gotten out of the shower and changed into clean clothes and I till think I can smell a faint hit of agitation.


I'll have Susan smell me.

Later That Day: We have returned from the Spokane Interstate Fair where we learned that we scored Red, White and Blue Ribbons in the Wine competition. Our Pinot Blanc got a third place ribbon. I received a Second place ribbon for the label for the Pinot. Susan got a First Place Blue Ribbon for her Coastal Red Label. The Coastal Red Wine itself got nuthin...as I expected it would. It' drinkable but nothing special.

I still kind of smelled skunk on me off and on during the fair and it still is mighty pungent out by the garage where the little stinker let loose.

In Fair news, we ate lots of crap on a stick and looked at bunny's. That's about all I can say for the fair this year. It's getting very expensive to go. Fortunately, we have all that prize money to look forward to.

No comments: