Sunday, September 19, 2010

Floor Refinishing-Almost The Final Chapter

Today we are going to attempt to fill the holes in the Entryway Hall. We have found a product made by Minwax that is a colored putty. It pretty closely matches the stain color and will let us fill the holes, do a light sanding and then finish with a fifth coat of varnish.

I would very much like to show pictures but we went to an event in Pullman yesterday involving my Fraternity and I left my camera on the dinner table. Such a Dumbass! I'm counting on one of my Frat Bros to recover the camera for me but I will try to make a couple of calls. If I don't get it back, the only real loss is the pictures I took at the event. The camera is on it's last legs and badly needs replacing. perhaps this is the incident that propels me to a new camera.

A couple of hours have passes since the last paragraph was written. We have filled the holes in the floor and we have the sore fingers to prove it. I have sanded most of it but then ran out of sand paper. I am awaiting the return of Susan with more sand paper.

This filling operation appears to be working and I think we will be happy with the outcome.

Susan has just arrived and so I must return to my sanding.

Okay! The sanding is complete and we will apply varnish tomorrow.

No comments: