Sunday, September 05, 2010

Sanding Day Deux

I think we have now captured all the skunks in the yard. We woke up this morning to another skunk who took the bait. We loaded him into the truck and took him out to the Se7en Mile Release Center that I now call Eleven Skunk Acres...cuz that's how many I have transplanted there.We did ride our bikes down to Pig Out and enjoyed the musical stylings of Junior Cadillac as well as some food.

After a couple of hours, we returned home and returned to the sanding. I did the second sanding with 80 grit paper and smoothed out all the roughness. It only took about 30 minutes and two sheets of sand paper.

Then we went to work on filling all the holes.The picture above shows the back hallway where I replaced much of the flooring. There were some giant spaces between boards that required much putty.

As soon as I finish typing here, I shall begin another round of sanding to remove the excess wood putty. Providing that goes well, we will return the floor sander and try to find a stain to match the living room as seen below.

No comments: