Sunday, October 10, 2010

Another Project Bites the Dust

I had no idea what to expect as far as putting in the stair runner. I didn't know how long it would take or what we needed for tools. Fortunately, I was able to once again call on Floor Guru Ron to guide me through these troubled waters.

As it turns out it was easy. We finished the whole thing in about three hours. The only item we needed was a power stapler, which I rented from the local hardware store for about 15 bucks. That turned out to be the best investment ever as we tore through getting this carpet down.

Once Ron noodled it out, it went really fast.

Here are the associated and obligatory pictures to go with my flowery prose.





We got the little brass keeper bars in place and everything looks great. The carpet adds a lot of sound dampening to going up and down the stairs. Did I mention it looks great?!
I have a little piece of quarter round to add to the bottom step shown above and then the stairs is a completely completed completion of a job.
I'm thinking it will take me about two years to get that quarter round in place.

No comments: