Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Start of Halloween House


While Ron and I were working on the carpet last Sunday, Susan went to work on Halloween decorating in the house. I finally got around to addressing the issue on the outside last night. I haven't gotten very far. Just the lights around the porch. Of course, our plan is that it grows as Halloween approaches.
I was very impressed with myself while I was stringing the lights. I put them away last year in a very orderly and neat fashion, totally contradictory to my normal disposition. It was a breeze to pull them out and unravel them and put them up straight away. It is as if I am finally becoming an adult. At least as far as Halloween toys are concerned.
The first sign that the Furnace Game contest is coming to a close occurred this morning. Susan asked when I planned on turning on the heat. I'm hoping to make it through the weekend. That means just three more days. That also means I better get that last radiator attached and ready to go.

No comments: