Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Buffalo, Wyoming

Yesterday was our first travel day for the return trip. We made it to Buffalo, Wyoming. That's where we are right now. I am writing this on the new Mac Susan got for Christmas. 


Yesterday we drove 11 and a half hours. 


Shortly after leaving, we got a text from Margaret saying she found an unfamiliar suit bag in the closet. I had forgotten my jacket and shirts along with my good shoes. Dumb Ass!


Margaret said she would send them along.


We made a stop in Sturgis for gas and dinner. While gassing up, Susan came walking out of the store and saw a red pick up over on the next island. She said there was something leaking out of the guy's truck. I looked over and saw gas spilling out all over the pavement. I ran over and turned off the nozzle. It had stuck and the driver sitting in the truck hadn't noticed. It gushed a lot of gas onto the ground. I knocked on his door and he came out.


I stepped into a big puddle of gas as I shut off the nozzle and it got all over my shoes.


We went to this giant bar called the Knuckle. I'll bet it's a fun place during the rally but it was empty when we pulled in. The drive over was difficult as the car filled with gas fumes. I dug out my slippers and put my shoes into a plastic bag the bartender gave us. Unfortunately, I didn't have my extra shoes.

No comments: