Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Moonlight Photo Session























I attempted to take some more pictures of the house last night with the moon up above. Unfortunately, the moon appears to have a mind of its own and was not cooperating as far as positioning itself in a reasonable area. I got some early shots but wanted to wait until it was more overhead. I didn't realize it would go so high overhead.




































I may have to wait until later in the night. Or I could get home earlier. My research tells me the waxing Gibbous moon will be fully replete this Saturday. Also, I believe the little star down and to the right of the moon is Venus. I am planning another photo session for Saturday.

I'll have to work this out with the clouds too.

1 comment:

Callahan said...

How about a photograph through a telescope? I want to get closer, how about you? Plus, a telescope because it sits on a tripod may give us a steadier image. The telescope will cause our images to grow significantly. The tripod will cause them to shrink significantly. But the first growth is good, like compound interest on money; the second shrinkage is also good, like the shrinking of a tumor oh a photograph.