Saturday, August 17, 2019

Lake Pend Orielle - NOT

I am 62 years old and I cannot learn to put stuff away. I spent a good portion of last weekend wandering around the yard looking for a set of pruning shears that I left not in it's proper place.

I think I left them somewhere in the yard and some late night visitor (a skunk or a scumbag) made off with them. Today I spent and good chunk of unproductive time looking for my air nozzle. 

I had to take one of the yard maintenance machines I own to the repair guy today and I wanted to blow it off to clean it up. I can't take the guy a dirty machine. What will he think of me.

Anyway, it took me 20 minutes to find the damn nozzle. It had fallen on the floor.

Susan did another round of mudding in the TV Room. We might be there. She'll know more tomorrow after she sands.

I gathered up all the trim from the room that has been laying on the front porch for over a year and figure out a better place to store it all. I pulled all the nails and wrapped it up in individual bundles and labeled them so I know which opening it previously graced: east window, south hall door, whatever.

I ended up storing them in the garage up in the rafters.

I also performed what has become my Saturday thing, blow the leaves out of the garden and suck them up with the mower. I mowed the whole front lawn but it really didn't need it.

I was working out back and noticed the hops that looks ready to harvest.

There's not a whole bunch up there but it's enough to make a few batches of home brew. Maybe I'll advertise on Craig's List.


No comments: