Tuesday, August 07, 2007

How I Spent my Day of Rest

The Bathroom is on hold until the Plumbers show up. I hope to hear from Craig the Plumber today. I hope he will be telling me that they will be in today. More than likely, he is going to tell me, "Not Today!" Then I will pout and furrow my brow and quiver my lower lip.

So I worked in the yard on Sunday while Susan did her cleaning thing in the house. That Bathroom Project is creating more dust than the Floor Sanding Project ever did.

This was one of the items I planned to accomplish on Sunday. This was a footing for the old Wheelchair Ramp. I had to dig down about two feet.



This was the other project I wanted to accomplish. I didn't even come close. What you are looking at there is a pile compost composed of leaves and grass that was left by the previous owner. That's YOU, Dave! The pile was much worse when we first moved in. You couldn't walk through that space. The pile has been there, decomposing for at least five years...probably longer.

It actually is very clean fill dirt. The problem is that there are chestnut hulls that are mixed in, along with bits of plastic, your occassional shipping peanut, rocks big and small, twine, parts of old toys, a pipe or metal fence post, and a former lawn chair.

I over loaded the trailer by about 300 pounds and it cost me $77.00 at the dump. I have to find a hole somewhere.

No comments: