Friday, August 03, 2007

Gutted Shell

I was talking to my neighbor, explaining what I found in the bathroom with all the cement, and he said that was a Mortar Bed. They put that down so the tile had a good solid foundation to rest on. So, there is that question answered.

The bathroom is now ready for the Plumbers to come in and spend a lot of our money.
Here is a dusty shot of the bathroom as it stands now. We vaccuumed out a bunch of plaster and plaster sand that had fallen down between the joists, as well as about 90 years of general crap. You can also see that we have removed a portion of the wall on the left. We hope that creates the feeling of a larger space. I could not of course, remove the whole wall because of the Plumbing Stack that goes up through it.

This weekend will involve general cleaning around the house and a few loads to the dump. I am trying to clean out an area next to the Carriage House. Once I have that area cleaned up, my next job is to evict the skunks.

No comments: