Thursday, August 23, 2007

A Time to Reflect


I am contemplative today as I celebrate the first anniversary of this Blog. I haven't done a very good job of keeping it current. I have only posted 80 times out of a possible...oh let's see...well, about 300 days. That 's less than 25%.

I got the important stuff down though and that was my goal with this thing.

I had a pretty good night of wiring. I'm not quite there but I am close. I still have to run wire for the heater and the fan and then get it all hooked up. Plus, I have to put in the lights that go on either side of the mirror.

And now for my "Construction Tip of the Day!"

When you are remodeling and you go for the total teardown gut the room remodel, you will find a number of nails that need to be removed. The most difficult nail to remove is the one fuzzily featured in the photograph above. The Lath Nail. The Lath Nail is not hard to remove. Generally, it pops right out. The problem is that there are so many of them. I have thoroughly scoured the bathroom for these little devils and I know there are still more there. We will find the stragglers when we drywall.

No comments: