Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Can't Find Nuthin'!

I wonder how much time I have wasted throughout my life because I can't find stuff. I'm not terribly organized and it seems as though I have never been able to establish a rhythym here at this house as to where things go.

I am speaking spacifically about tools. I have them in various places around the house. I have some tools out in the garage. I have some tools in the basement. And I have a variety of tools spread around the house...right now near the bathroom, since that is the current construction zone.

I bring this up because I was working on wiring the bathroom last night and I spent a good portion of the evening looking for stuff. I ran a bunch of wire for the light switches, fan, heater, and outlets. When it came time to staple up the wire into the rafters and walls, I could not find my jar of large staples.

I finally gave up and decided to buy more staples today, as well as wire and a couple of boxes. Of course, when I get home tonight, the missing staples will be somewhere right in front of me.

The good thing about my search was that I found a couple of other things I had been looking for. My wind up Emergency Radio/Flashlight was in a cabinet that I never use and my coffee from Sunday morning was down in the Laundry Room.

No comments: