Monday, August 13, 2007

Did We Get Screwed?!

The Plumbers have come and gone and we are now $1,200.00 poorer. I have talked to a few people who think I was hosed. One was Mark, who recommended these guys. Another was Phil, who has been helping us with all the technical building procedures that I cannot do...like swinging a hammer. Here are a couple of before and after pictures.

Anyway, I have no idea what this should have cost. Twelve Hundred does seem kind of high for an Under-the-Table kind of job but it is three hundred dollars less than the worst case scenerio bid he gave me at the start. I know Plumbers get paid a lot. I didn't bother to get other bids because I thought these guys were going to give me a deal. And still, I don't know that we didn't get a deal.

Anyway, we put the sub-floor in yesterday and now I can mostly walk around in the bathroom without fear of falling through the Living Room Ceiling.

I would like to add that I have the most recent Skunk Report. The accuracy rating is at plus or minus two skunks. I counted five of them Saturday night. That Accuracy rating is wrong right off the bat cuz I know there is not a minus two skunks. There are five! There is one large "Mother" skunk and four smaller utility skunks, also known as "the Kittens."

I really need to trap these guys and re-locate them, but they really haven't been a problem. I will get the occassional skunky smell in the yard but other than that, I would not even know they are there.

Back in the bathroom, this week I will be working on getting the room wired. We will also do a little framing around the shower.

No comments: