Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Annual Vine Assessment

I was sitting at my stump fire last night, contemplating all the things that run through my head, and I decided that August 20th will be my annual day to assess the growth of my viney plants. Yeah, I have some pretty deep and profound thoughts.

Starting from North to South, this is my Concorde Grape plant. It appears strong and healthy, but it is not growing at all. I am assumming it is gathering all it's strength to focus on a mighty growth spurt coming up really soon. Or it's saving itself for next year. Or I'm a really crappy gardener.













This is my Hallertau Hops plant. After a very slow start, it is growing along quite well. However, I believe it is a stupid plant because it doesn't seem to know that I am a crappy gardener.



I mean, Come on! How could you not know that?!





The third Viney plant is this Clamatis. It too started out great and even bloomed. Then, it reached the level of the deck and stopped growing. I'm not taking the blame for this one.





Next, the Sterling Hops plant. This one almost died at the start but is doing okay now. I don't think I'm going to get much more out of this plant.




The final vine in this year Annual Vine Assessment is the Gerwurtztraminer Grape vine. It is behaving very much like the Concord Vine. It appears healthy and green but it is not growing much.






It will be fun to look forward to next year when we see how much progress we have...or the final determination that I am a crappy gardener.
Finally, I would like to apologize for the sloppy layout here. I seem to have very little control over how this blog get presented. It all comes with being a crappy gardener.

No comments: