Wednesday, August 06, 2008

A Look at Hops

I haven't shown off the hops plants lately so here we go.Pictured is my Sterling Hops Plant. You can see it is slowly wrapping around the post and it is quite lush down below. None of the climbing plants are growing at the pace they should be. I just have to console myself with the prospect that this is a growing year. It's similar to the concept of a struggling team just trying to get through this season in hopes that next season they will go for the Pennant, Championship, Brass Ring or All-You-Can-Eat Nachos.

Ronnie got to work on power washing the Carriage House. She said it went surprising well and she hauled away six gallons of paint chips. That is just off two sides. As I stated in an earlier post, the old paint is hanging on by the last, tiniest old paint molecule.

Now the whole building has that wonderful wet sock smell to it. That is of course subtly blended with hints of moth balls and semi-truculent skunk.

I was hoping to enter homemade beer and wine in the fair this year to try and match last years third place finishes. The deadline for entry was yesterday and we missed it. So, I will plan my recipe for next year (I have a good beer recipe in mind) and give the other people who entered a chance at the Blue Ribbon, Championship, Brass Ring or All-You-Can-Eat Elephant Ears.

Yeah, that's the ticket!

No comments: