Friday, August 08, 2008

Front Yard Blight

I had a chance to examine the area of the front lawn where I did some re-seeding last week. Usually, it's too dark by the time I remember. I do not see any sign that the seeds went to Germany...you know, to Germinate. (My misunderstanding of Horticultural terminology might be a huge part of my problem with the yard)

I guess I'll lay down some more seed and try again.

Ronnie started priming and still has some boards to replace...so the Carriage House project is rolling along. I consulted with a neighbor who knows of which he speaks, and he thinks that re-enforcing the structural integrity of the roof is not that big of a deal. He says i need to add some new cross supports to the joists and that should pretty much take care of it.

I can tell you this. That roof had no problems support 11 inches of snow last winter. I don't know if that is relevant to anything but it's a lovely fact to add to the discussion.

So...discuss!

No comments: