Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Run on Glasses

No work was done on the house last night. Instead, we went to a neighborhood meeting. There was a potluck dinner before the meeting and we brought a Five Bean Salad that Susan made the night before.

We rode our bikes over I carried the salad in my backpack.

After the meeting, we decided to take a little extended bike ride around the park. I want to dump the backpack so we stopped in front of the house and I hid it behind a shrub.

Do you suppose I remembered to retrieve it after the ride? You would be right! I did not!

When I remembered it this morning as I grabbed the morning paper, it was gone.

My main suspect is the paper delivery person. That's the only person who would walk right past it as they delivered the paper. I think I'll leave a note.

What pisses me off is all the stuff I have now lost. For starters, there was the tupperware bowl and the salad, which only Susan and I ate. My new radio was in there as well as my bike headlight...and my SUN GLASSES.

That is like, my fifth pair I've lost this summer.

No comments: