Thursday, August 28, 2008

Got Me ANOTHER Skunk

I would love to say that I have them all now, but experience is teaching me to temper my bluster with some reality.

Experience is also teaching me to do this without setting the skunk off. No smell today! This guy was a bit smaller than the other skunk and a bit more freaked out. I moved very slowly as I placed the tarp over the cage and that seemed to make the difference.
Susan came to bed late last night and told me we already had prisoner. I set two traps last night because I really had no idea how many more skunks we are dealing with. I still won't know for sure until tomorrow when I check the hole I filled in and see if it has been uncovered.
If it remains uncovered, I shall then assume that we are home free from Skunkal disturbances and continue with our weekend project of bricking in the back passageway next to the Carriage House.

I will set another trap tonight just to make sure that I have gotten all the skunks. Of course, setting a trap is no guarantee of catching a skunk. Lord knows I've been trying to do this off and on for over a year. I had no luck until last week.

No comments: