Saturday, November 01, 2008

815 Trick or Treaters

We have two neighbors who keep a pretty good account of the number of Trick of Treaters we get. We have too much fun handing out candy and trying to scare kids to keep track so we rely on their numbers. I do not believe they are off by much. Halloween was an absolute zoo and one of the best times we've had on the park.

The combination of a wonderful, warm autumn evening and a Friday night made it one of the biggest ever. We had friends come over to help us and they always thought I was full of crap when I told them how many kids we get. The are singing a different tune to whistle Dixie to today.

There were times when the line ran down the steps and out to the sidewalk. It was just nuts. I say this every year but I really mean it this year. I'm going to start buying candy NOW!

We ran through the first 336 full size candy bars by 6:30 and ended up giving out licorice sticks until 8:30 when those dried up.

I even gave out my cans of Spam to some lucky kid!

All in all, a wonderfully fun evening and a great little party in the house afterwards.

No comments: