Friday, November 21, 2008

Adventures of a Nancy-Boy

I feel compelled to make a disclosure right up front. I do not suffer pain well. I am a wimp! And when I am in pain, I have some facet of my personality that wants EVERYONE TO KNOW I AM IN PAIN!

I was taking the garbage out this morning. The can was only half full so I wheeled it around to the front of the house to load a couple of bags of leaves into it. I grabbed a great big full one and plopped it into the can. I still had room for another so I selected this small bag. I lifted it up to the can and...

Meanwhile in the Back Department: Whoop Whoop Whoop. Alarm Alarm! Danger!!! She's going to BLOOOOOOOOOOOW!

...suddenly a nerve in my mid back seized me and forced all the breath out of me. I managed to drop the bag into the can as I hit my knees and gasped for air.

This has happened to me before. The first time was years ago when I was pulling green chain at a lumber mill. All I did was turn and I was suddenly on my knees...gasping for air.

It is most unpleasant when it happens and it takes forever to get to a point where I can breathe properly.

I am going to attempt to be a Trooper at work today but my stiff demeanor is sure to give me away. In the meantime, I have vented, complained, moaned and whined here which should appease my urge to tell everyone else.

Hey! You! C'Mere a minute. I wanna tell you....

No comments: