Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Rain, Skunks and the Vermin We Elect

It has been raining steadily through the night which means that my leaves will be knocked out of the trees and very very wet. Oh well! Frankly, I'm amazed that we have gotten this far into Autumn without more rain. October was a dry month.

There is no digging. I did a little work next to the Carriage House last night (in the dark) and made it look like a sand trap. The area was undisturbed this morning. That means that I officially declare our house "Skunk Free".

Now I need to see to it that it remains that way. I'm going to get out there tonight and lay down some chicken wire. I'm not going to go through the time and effort to bury it. I'm just going to lay it down against the baseboard of the building and stretch it over the ground and then secure it with stakes and wire. That should be good enough to get us through the winter. Next spring we will put down the paver bricks and seal the thing up really good.

Today is Election Day and there will be a new President tomorrow. I am soooooooo ready for this election season to be over. The political ads are loathsome, repugnant and loaded with half truths designed to sway the mass of stupid people who don't study the issues and cancel out my vote. I find myself hoping for a good old fashioned Hemorrhoid Commercial.

As far as the Presidency goes, I'm not a fan of either candidate. I'm less of a fan of Barack Obama. I take solace in the fact that our system is designed so no one guy can screw it up too badly over eight years. Although, one could make a persuasive argument concerning Lame W.

No comments: