Friday, November 07, 2008

Weather Report

Wow! It's really raining. I could hear the rain coming down while laying in bed this morning. I got up and saw that it was a pretty good driving rain. On the freeway, everyone was driving a bit slower in order to be able to see.

I set a coffee cup on top of the car when I got to work in order to see how much rain it collects during the morning. A weather station that I check in with on line says it's coming down at .04 inches per hour right now. I forgot to look at my Weather Station at home to see what info it had to offer.

I'm hoping this will knock the rest of the leaves out of my trees. I would really like to get them raked up this weekend. I won't be taking them to the dump this time. Too much water. I'll take the load out to Busy Bee where it will cost me about $10.00 a load.

The radio is on and they just reported that there are power outages in Seattle and all around the west side of the state due to all this rain. Apparently, an inch of rain fell there yesterday. The forecast is calling for more rain over the next couple of days.

Weather Update: As I drove out of the parking lot to go to lunch, I heard a clunk on the roof that reminded me that I had placed a cup up there. I pulled over and was pleased to see it was still there and upright. It had a bit less than a quarter of an inch of rain water in it.

I have made a couple of changes to the Blog. I changed the template and I added a site counter. As I write this, the counter is at 007 and I am responsible for all se7en hits. Even though this blog is for us to reference improvements on the house, I am still vain enough that I want to know if other people are reading it. Nobody ever leaves comments so a counter is the only tool I have to know if people other than me show up here.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I leave comments, you never respond!I check in every couple of days.

Rob

My Life as a House said...

Hi Rob, I am responding. I don't think I've ever seen your comments but I'll try to pay closer attention

Unknown said...

I appreciate that, you were also supposed to call and invite me to Thanksgiving dinner last year, still waiting on that.....
I am the good son who is never in jail you know

Rob