Thursday, March 05, 2009

We're a Nielsen Family

About a month ago, I got a call asking us to be a Nielsen Family. Well, I've always heard about Nielsen Families, but I've never known anyone who is one. maybe you're not supposed to talk about it. If this post is deleted, you'll know they got to me.
Anyway, starting today, we are keeping the official Nielsen Family Diary on all our television watching. It's quite an elaborate system. There is even an entry for times like this, when the TV is on downstairs, but neither of us are watching it. "Kath n' Kim" is on and that is a show we just don't care for. So between "My Name is Earl" which we love, and "The Office" which we really love, we don't have the energy or environmental sensibility to turn the TV off when "Kath n' Kim" is on. We just leave the room and do other things. (I'm blogging and Susan is in the shower.)
So it should be an exciting adventure through the week as we catalog our viewing choices and help to shape the landscape of American Vacuousness.

For anyone who is wondering, the answer is Movie Tickets.The question Alex, is: What is the present for the Fifth Day of my Birthday Week?

No comments: