Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Record Breaking Winter

It is official! The snow that fell on Sunday put the area over the top for the most snow in one season. We have topped the old record set in the winter of 1949-50 by 1/10th of an inch at 93.5 inches of snow.

Now, let's be clear about this. That is not how much snow we have on the ground. It's how much snow we got over the season. It doesn't seem at all impressive considering it's all gone now.

So essentially, we had a shit load of snow for about two months. Most of it fell over a two week period and then slowly melted away.Then we had an occassional little addition here and there that caused no problems as far as every day life in winter conditions but added to the accumulation.

This is a dream come true for me because it puts me into a coveted Codger Category known as "Seen Worse". For the rest of my life, even if we have a winter with 90 inches of snow on the ground, when some repugnant little street urchin makes some comment about the rough winter we're currently enduring, I can just shrug and say, "Seen worse!" Then I'll spit and say, "Get off my Lawn!"

No comments: