Saturday, December 03, 2016

Holiday Setup Weekend

What a wonderful welcoming Christmas door. Don't you feel welcome? Well, if you're a burgler, take a hike...and have a Merry Christmas. Somewhere else!

I mentioned on last Wednesday's post that we are trying to develop a common Christmas theme around the park. We notified the whole neighborhood, whether the house was a member of the home owners association or not, and told them we were buying wreaths. So far, we have over thirty participants.

The wreaths are in and I have started contacting neighbors to come by and pick them up. I have ordered a total of 45 wreaths. I have received the first shipment of 30 and that's what I'm distributing this weekend.

The goal for me this weekend is to get the house Christmas-ized.
Susan already has MantleVille up and all seems fine in the village.


I have a crap load of lights to get up. So stop bugging me and let me get to work.
I have been hard at work and all the house Christmas lights are up on the front of the house.  Look at our big warm welcoming front door entry way come-on-in-unless-you're-a-burglar now. Susan added the bows and now the lights are on.

As of 1:23 PM, I have dished out 10 wreaths. Eleven if you include ours. I would like to go out and get a couple of things but Susan has left to work the whole day at the Arena and I want to hang around until about 5 for wreath pick up. So, I'm hanging out.

It's now 2:34 and we are up to 16 wreaths out the door. I was double checking my inventory of wreaths. It didn't seem like I had enough and sure as shootin', I was eight short. I counted it a bunch of times and kept coming up eight short.

I was checking who I had already given wreaths to when I saw two big boxes in the corner of the dining room. "Yea!", I screamed to nobody. Now my books balance!

It is just after 5 PM and I am abandoning my post as wreath distributor to go out and get a couple of things.

It is now much later in the evening and I am fairly pleased with my progress for the day. I have unloaded 16 Christmas Wreaths, I have decorated the house for the Holidays and I have created this personal digital Christmas Greeting that I'm going to e-mail to friends and family.
Don't you wish you were friends or family?!


No comments: