Monday, December 19, 2016

Trip to Iowa - Day Two - Narcoleptic Driver

We left Billings dark and early, about 45 minutes ahead of sunrise. We wanted as much daylight as possible. I'm no longer the gung ho get there driver I used to be. In fact, I kind of ran into a problem that I must investigate.
Susan drove the first leg for almost three hours. I took over when we stopped for gas in Gillette, Wyoming. I drove for about 2 1/2 hours and made it to Wall Drug, about 125 miles into South Dakota.

I was really fighting falling asleep. I'm wondering if I'm becoming narcoleptic. I need to look into it.

Conditions for the drive where just right. The skies were clear, the wind was minimal and the roads were in good condition.

Susan ended up driving the rest of the way across the state, about five more hours until we made it to Sioux Falls. 

We found our Super 8 Motel, got settled in and went to Fuddrucker's for dinner.

We are now about four hours from our final destination. I'm going to look into narcolepsy and prepare for driving in the morning.
In the meantime, Spider-Man is our co-pilot.

No comments: