Thursday, December 22, 2016

Iowa Trip - Day Fi5e

Dinner at the Latin King was fabulous as always. I had Gnocchi in a marinara sauce and Susan, like always, had the Chicken Spedini.

Afterwards we split from Phil because he has good sense, and went to the Jolly Holiday Light show. This is another tradition we have developed on our visits to Iowa, and frankly, one I could have done without last night. Only because it took so long to get in to the park. 
You drive through a two and a half mile course that has all these light displays and my ass and legs where really stiff after and hour.
After going through the whole thing, I did not appreciate this snow man at the end double flipping us off. The whole thing benefits Iowa Make A Wish so it was for a good cause. They are making good money. There were hundreds of cars there last night.

I'm not sure what is going on today. I know we are meeting the cousins at Noah's Pizza. Beyond that, I am just a pawn in the Christmas Season of Life.

I did some WebMD research on Narcolepsy and it does not appear to be my problem. Perhaps I am just mesmerized by the road and it puts me to sleep.

On the trip back, we're going to have to go to 2 hour driving shifts.

No comments: