Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Iowa Trip - Day Four

It is our first full day in Iowa Christmas Time and I'm still adjusting to the Central Time Zone. I still have some Christmas shopping to start so that should keep me busy outside of all the other activities that Susan's sister Margaret has planned for us.

The main thing is that we have arrived and we are not in motion.

That is good!

We had dinner here at the house last night which was followed by lively conversation and then...a game. The game was "Sorry" and I won. Sorry! 

I'm sitting here at the computer at 9:50 AM Central time in the USA of Iowa. It's about 22 degrees out and semi cloud laden. The forecast is indicating the possibility of snow on Friday.

I'm just hanging out and enjoying my morning coffee and trying to get my barings now that I'm not in motion.

Our first task of the day was the traditional decorating of the Christmas Cookies.
We got through it really fast, which I appreciate because this is my least favorite Christmas tradition. I'm much better at the Christmas tradition of eating the cookies.
There is a Christmas Stocking for Jesus, who wore sandals his whole life.
There is a beautiful star.
And there is a Road Kill Reindeer. You can see the tire track across his back.

Next we went out for lunch, a place called, the Rice Bowl. It was a nice lunch but I'm hungry already.

At that point, I split from the group to go out and find some Christmas stuff I still need to get.

I also took the car for a car wash.
Here's a picture of the back up camera on the car while inside the car wash.

Now we are planning on dinner at the Latin King, a must stop restaurant whenever we come to Des Moines.

No comments: