Sunday, December 25, 2016

Iowa Trip - Merry Christmas

It has been a week since we took off on this adventure. The time has flown.

We are experiencing something that I am not used to. Thunder storms and massive rain on Christmas Day. I am of course familiar with rain, but the Thunder Storms in winter is something new to me.

We are leaning toward beginning our journey home tomorrow rather than Tuesday. I think we will need the extra day.

In the meantime, it is Christmas morning and I have Merry to make.

Later: Wow! It's ten after four already.

We had an excellent meal of all the traditional Christmas fare; ham, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, jello, rolls, and Sangria. 

I called Mom who is in Palm Springs and my sister has joined her. We had a lovely conversation and exchanged Christmas pleasantries.

We have opened presents and I have made out very well. I wasn't really expecting anything in particular so everything is gravy.

I have a new Tracfone that is a smart phone. That will be a huge upgrade from my old flip phone that transmits and recieves phone calls and nothing much else. I'm not even going to worry about activating it until we get back to Spokane. I want to be at my home base when I transfer my phone number and all that other jazz.

I also got some shirts, slacks, booze, a bell for my bike, a new set of bats for Halloween joy, a new solar powered motion light and an assortment of art supplies.

Susan got a new Chromebook, some table cloths, booze, a bath caddy, a couple of CD's and assorted girlie stuff.

All in all, we made out big time!

I think the rest of the day is watching movies and hanging out as the second wave of rain heads for us.

It is now 8:42 and we have watched two Cohen Brothers movies. The first was "Burn After Reading" and the second was "No Country for Old Men". These are two very uplifting films just perfect for watching on Christmas day.

We are going to end the evening with some games and then, in morning, Susan and I will discuss our plans for the return to Spokaloo.

No comments: