Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Iowa Trip - Day Three

Since our drive today is only about four hours long, we didn't get up until 6:30 and did not hit the road until just after 8. It's the Winter Solstice, the short daylight day of the year. So we are happy to have a short drive and be done with this travel portion of the Holiday.

We got the car packed and went into the little kitchen where Super 8 provides a nice little breakfast. It's one of the reasons we stay at Super 8's. The breakfast alone saves at least 20 bucks.

I drove the first two hours and had the same problem towards the end of my shift. I have yet to research narcolepsy and found out if that may be my problem. 

Susan took over and again the road conditions were very favorable to travel. We listened to the end of our audio book, "The Girl on the Train." The movie just came out and so we are interested in seeing it and comparing it to the book.

Our GPS said we would arrive at Margaret and Phil's at 12:26 and it was right on.

So now we have to acclimate to not moving which I am happy to do.

I also need to start downloading some of my pictures I've taken and sort them out.

So much to do, so little beer!

No comments: