Friday, October 10, 2008

Autumn Battle

Now that the Furnace Contest is over, we move on to a much more complex and ferocious battleground. The leaves have begun to fall and with them, the little spiky pods that break open and deposit rock hard chestnuts all about the property. Fortunately, we have only two trees in the yard that produce this vermin but they are tall and they are prolific.
I began the offensive last night when I got home from work. With the help of the Tecumseh 2000 leaf sucker vacuum, the Abrams Tank in my Autumn yard care arsenal, I captured a couple bushels of the enemy and established a solid beach head from which to unleash my wrath.
Unfortunately, one limitation to my Abrams Tank is the inability to suck up the chestnuts. It gets the leafs but leaves the nuts. Nonetheless, I got the front yard all cleaned up and looking nice. It should all be back to the way it was by tonight.

No comments: