Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Times and Prices a-Changin'

Three months ago, the price of gas was so bad that I decided to ride my bike to work rather than dole out $4.00 a gallon to the Oil Companies. Today, I can buy gas for $2.96 a gallon and it appears that it will continue to go lower. I wish I was able to understand why it fluctuates so. Demand hasn't dropped. It doesn't seem like there is a glut of oil on the market. Oh sure, the economy sucks and the stock market is tanking every day. But nobody knows why.

I should be buying cheap gas cans and stocking up on petrol. Unfortunately, I'm not that forward thinking. Not even now that I'm thinking about it.

I actually considered riding the bicycle this morning. Then I saw it was 27 degrees. Then I remembered that I'm still a pussy. So I drove.

It's a busy weekend of parties coming up. We are hosting the first leg of the neighborhood progressive Halloween dinner on Friday night. Therefore, some people who shall remain Susan, are on a mad cleaning jag...and forcing me to join the jag.

Sunday is our fourth annual Punkin Party. We always put a lot of Jack-o-lanterns in the yard and so we invite friends over to help us carve. We also invite our neighbor Tammy over to serve as Judge for the many exciting prize categories we have.

But I can't write any more now. I have cleaning to do.

No comments: