Sunday, October 26, 2008

Five Days to Halloween


Friday night was the annual neighborhood progressive dinner. We do it just before Halloween every year and this year was a great success. I would say we had about 35 people. Susan and I hosted the hors d'oeuvre portion of the dinner. As you can see from the items above, I have married Martha Stewart.
After our house, we went down the street to the Nelson's house. We had not met them before nor had we been in their house. We love it when we get to go into a house we haven't snooped through yet.

I was very jealous of them because they have wonderfully framed, old pictures of their house. They look like they may have been taken in the 20's or there abouts. I would love to see old pictures of our house and the people who lived here. It would be so informative to see how things looked when the house was new.

I got so involved with visiting and checking things out, I forgot to take any pictures. Except for one item at the Nelson's house. They have a beautiful little study/library that they had built. The bookcase was magnificent and I took pictures of it to reference when we build a small bookcase upstairs.

Tonight is our Pumpkin carving party. We have no idea how many people will be here. It could be eight...it could be 25. I guess we shall see. I'll try to remember to take pictures.

No comments: