Friday, October 03, 2008

Driving in Spokane

Somewhere in this town, there is a heavy set, middle-aged Italian looking woman telling everyone in her office about the ASSHOLE that wouldn't let her on the freeway.

Well Madam, I think you should discover the wonderful magic that occurs when one employs the use of ones turn signals. Had you done that, I would happily move over a lane and let you in. Since you did not take advantage of this STANDARD EQUIPMENT found on EVERY CAR EVER MADE, I did not feel obligated or inclined to move for you.

It is unfortunate that she was unable to see the joy on my face from the brief tongue lashing she gave me.

In other driving related matters, the city has just finished installing three Photo-Red intersections around town. A camera snaps a picture of the intersection every time the light turns red. If there is a car in the picture, the owner of the vehicle gets a ticket for $124.00. One of these intersections is one I drive through every morning on my way to work.

Yesterday, the light turned to yellow as I approached the intersection. There was a split second there were I was going to go for it, but then remembered the camera. As I waited for the light to turn green, I remembered hearing on the news that they are giving warning tickets for the first month. The ticket will be for real starting November first.

I want one of these warning tickets. I would like to see the picture. I would like to see my car in the picture. I would display it proudly on my refrigerator.

As I approached the intersection this morning, I knew I was in that zone where the lights are about to change. Unfortunately, they changed on me a block too soon.

I was sooooooooo pissed about missing the opportunity to get a Photo-Red Warning ticket that I blocked this heavy set, middle-aged Italian looking woman from getting on the freeway.

No comments: