Thursday, October 02, 2008

Skunks and Electrical Current

The traps were undisturbed. The hole was not. Therefore, we still have a skunk(s). I'm going to have to switch bait because the hot dogs were undisturbed as well.

The Carriage House painting project is coming along. If the weather holds, it should be completed this weekend. That being said, there is no way the weather will hold.

I have been doing a little project the last few days, installing an outdoor electrical outlet on the front of the Carriage House. As I look back at the evolution of this simple little project, the delays caused by changing my mind and/or not having the right parts has turned a one hour project into a week long comedy of Fubars.

First, I planned to mount a big ol' clunky Weather-Proof box to the outside of the Carriage House. Then it occurred to me that I have total access to the wall and I could mount a recessed outlet with a Weather-Proof face plate; a much less clunky option.

I cut the hole. I ran the wire. I could not find my GFCI outlet. That meant I had to go buy one and that could wait until the next day.

I purchased my outlet and got it wired and screwed into the box. My Weather-Proof face plate did not match the screws on the GFCI outlet. That meant I had to go buy one and that could wait until the next day.

I have now purchased the correct face plate. I will screw that into place before tonight's big Vice-Presidential debate. I will also try to finish up the wiring but I have a sneaking suspicion that I will need to buy something and then that will have to wait until the next day.

No comments: