Monday, October 13, 2008

Fabulous Fall Festival of Fun

Sunday was a beautiful Fall day. It was 29 degrees when I got up at 7:00 to check the skunk traps. Had I caught one, I would have felt bad about making it sit out there in the cold. However, no skunk took advantage of my treats and the cages were empty. So I went back to bed.

As the day wore on, the temperature got up into the crisp and comfy 50's. We did a final clean up on the backyard around the Carriage House. We had firewood to move and lots of extraneous boards to toss or put away. I loaded up the truck with a bed full of leaves and chestnuts, plus some other garbage. I worked pretty hard but it was so enjoyable being outside that I just kept on working.

As the sun went down, I fired up the stump fire and burned a few pieces of wood that didn't make the firewood pile or the dump. It's always great to end the day round the traditional stump fire.

No comments: