Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Drive By Neighborhood Safety

I completely forgot to report on a Drive-By Shooting incident in the neighborhood on Saturday night.

It was about 10:30 and I had gone to bed. I had only been in bed a short while when I heard four loud booms, clearly gunfire, coming from just down the street...just a couple of houses away, in fact.

I raced to the front balcony but the car from which the shots were fired had already sped by and made its way down to the end of the street. I would not have had much of a window to see it because of all tree branches blocking my view.

We called 911 to report the incident and then I went out front to see if other neighbors were responding. There were a couple who came out.

The cops showed up and looked around and asked some questions, but none of us had anything to offer other than we heard shots. We couldn't tell which way they went, what type of car it was, or any other, you know, facts to help them find out who did this.

I learned the next day that the police found five shotgun shells by the side of the road in the park. They must have been firing into the park. Sounds like some pranksters.

It appears they have pulled off the perfect crime and will probably get away to fire into another empty park in another neighborhood.

No comments: