Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Painting and Solstice Prep

The painting has begun on the front of the house. That is a problem as I still have to finish my work on the squirrel hole. I tried to get some work accomplished on it last night but quickly determined I had the wrong nails. I split the cedar shakes as soon as I hit the nail a second time. I have these big ol' roofing nails and I need something much smaller and more delicate.

In the meantime, we are getting dangerously close to the Summer Solstice party and we still haven't completed the invitation. Hopefully, we'll have that done tonight...certainly no later than tomorrow. The solstice is just 10 days away.

I bought a grape vine the other day to replace the Clematis that didn't survive the winter. It is a Savignon Franc grape vine and it cost $6.99. The vines I bought last year were more like $18.00 and they are not as tall as this one. Of course, they were poisoned by the yard guy so they have been fighting their way back to health.

No comments: