Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Curiosity & the Boiler Game 2013

I could have gone longer with the gas turned off but curiosity got the best of me. I had to know that the system was filled and heated up and NOT leaking. And so far, that appears to be the case.

Me happy!

So this year, if you had October 8th, you win the prize jackpot for the Boiler Game...a beautiful little diamond of 8 to 12 carats. I can't be more precise on the carat weight because right now, the diamond is just a lump of coal.

I stained a bunch of base shoe tonight. Other than the chair rail, the base shoe is the one remaining piece of the Living Room puzzle I have yet to re-install.

Base shoe is kind of like quarter round but more tall than wide. I have another coat of  stain to apply tomorrow, plus the rest of the chair rail to cut to size.

I'm really trying hard to make the coping joints fit tightly, but I'm afraid I'm limited by my skill level and tools. I'm going to try some carving tools on my next attempt.

No comments: