Sunday, October 06, 2013

First Weekend in October Update

We have just completed a very nice weekend as far as the weather is concerned. Both Saturday and Sunday were classic Autumn days with sunshine and a bit of nip in the air. It's still getting damn chilly at night.

So that brings us to the first item on the agenda; the Boiler Game.

I have not heard back from the people who are powder coat painting the Living Room Radiator. We are getting very close to needing the furnace but we're not there yet. Nonetheless, I would like to have it available for when it is needed.
As I look back through my archive of pictures, I am amazed to find I don't have one of the radiator or the pipe I have been trying to plug. Well, there it is, shown above. 

That was after I had a guy from church (usually the best people) come over and help me remove the elbow that was on top of that pipe. Shaun came equipped with the heavy duty pipe wrenches that I did not have. It made short work of the removal and the pipe is now plugged. I'm going to fill the system tomorrow but not fire up the boiler just yet.
Susan continued her work on the ceiling stencil, having completed her wall papering tasks yesterday. She has some touch up to do on this portion of the stencil, but it is essentially finished.
The light will hang in the middle of that circle. Remarkably and to our great relief, it is pretty well centered. Not perfect...but pretty well. I guess it remains to be seen once we hang the light. 

She has other stenciling to do, but it may not happen right away.

We have decided that October 20th is the deadline for being done in the Living Room. I only have minor trim to replace and then the installation of the new chair rail. I haven't even started staining yet but I think I can make the deadline.

Holy Crap! I just realized October 20th is two weeks from today.
Holy Crap!

I will leave you now with some pictures of some of the trim replacement I did today.




No comments: