Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Mo' Autumn Leafses

Sunday involved more work with leaves. We have managed to bag up 5 large trash bags packed tight with leaves. As I looked out on the yard this morning, it looks as though we don't even own a rake.

Yesterday was extremely windy and the first really cold day of the season. The leaves are piled everywhere. I was going to take my bags of leaves to the dump this week, but I have decided to wait until the weekend when I will clearly have more bags to take with me.

We got the rest of the Halloween stuff down from the Carriage House and the special hideaway where we keep the fake pumpkins.

All this crap will be sitting around the house for the next few days and until it is placed out in the yard on Thursday.

I still haven't achieved Flying Ghost yet. I'm still messing with the posts and getting the post anchors securely pounded into the ground. I think I have discovered something important as far as pounding these post anchors into the ground.

I have been using short lengths of 4x4 posts to place in the sleeve of the post anchor and then pound with my sledge hammer. The short length really takes a beating and is generally destroyed and splintered apart before I get the thing completely pounded to the ground.

If I use a longer length of the 4x4, it doesn't seem to get destroyed like the shorter length. Hence, it is easier to remove the 4x4 post when I am finished.

I have yet to complete all my experimentation with this theory and will report back when my findings are more conclusively definitive.

No comments: