Thursday, October 10, 2013

One Step Closer to "Done!"

We are not quite finished in the Living Room but we are close enough to begin a looooooooong overdue clean up. We also took down the plastic barrier between the Living and Dining Rooms for the first time in 10 months. It sure makes the Living Room look bigger. Every time I walk into either room now, I'm momentarily taken aback.
One can see from these pictures of the Living Room that the chandelier is back in place. We have been apprehensive about re-installing it because neither of us was sure it was very well centered on the stenciled medallion Susan did.
We are both pleased with the result. It's not perfect, but we'll take it. With all the variations in the stencil and the number of things that could have gone wrong, we both think it looks good enough that it won't be bothering us because of an ever so slight mis- alignment with the center. 
My concern right now is that one of the lights had a problem of intermittent illumination. It didn't always come on or stay on. Upon closer investigation I found the receptacle to be faulty and cracked. I hope I can get to Luminaria before they close tomorrow so I can acquire a replacement.

Cleaning up the Living Room led to a modest cleaning effort of the whole house. It wasn't the massive, intense cleaning that Susan would have preferred, but it will do for now.


I was just happy to get some of my many beer and wine stains cleaned up  in the kitchen.

No comments: