Thursday, October 24, 2013

One Week to Halloween

We have a week to go and lots to do. But that is not why I'm writing today.

Years ago, I bought a poster that displayed all the different chords and the fingering positions on the keyboard. I also bought a corresponding poster for guitar chords. I always thought it would like nice next to the piano.

Now that the Living Room is finished and back full of furniture, I thought it was time to hang that poster.

We've been in the house almost nine years now and we still have not hung a lot of pictures. We've been very weary of putting nail holes in the walls.
We would love to get a bunch of our family pictures up on this wall on the stairs. But again, we've not wanted to punch a bunch of holes in the wall. Especially after all the plastering work we put in getting it smooth and great looking as shown above.

I've been looking into these stick-on hooks that 3M makes. I bought a couple a few months back and put them in my closet to hang my bathrobe and pants on. They have been working really well and I think they will work for the pictures we hang in the stairway.
That does not appear to be the case for a larger poster in a heavy frame.

It's my own damn fault! The package says that the weight limit is 5 pounds. This frame weighed about 7 or 8 pounds. I thought I could mitigate that issue by putting up two hooks. Math doesn't work with sticky hooks. At least, not the way I use math.

It ended up holding for about 4 hours. Susan got home late from the Arena and was taking a bath when she heard a loud crash around 1AM.

The poster is okay but my $20 frame is toast.

No comments: