Sunday, October 20, 2013

Deadline Day

Susan and I both agree that the Living Room is not finished. We also both agree that the Living Room is finished. 

Yea!

Here's the deal! The main stuff we wanted to get done is done. The ceiling is drywalled and painted to a satiny smooth surface, the crow molding is up and looking good, the trim is up, the wall paper is in, the radiator is back from the powder coater and looking good, and the stenciling, while not complete, looks awesome.

The stenciling needs to be completed, the radiator needs to be re-installed and all the woodwork needs to be varnished. But it's done!

The statistics are that it took 275 days for us to complete this two month remodel. I have not figured out the cost yet but I'm thinking we are around one thousand dollars. That does not include the hours and hours we put in.

But who couldn't be happy with these results.


I should point out that today was a particularly beautiful autumn day. This is what it looks like out of doors.

One might notice that pile of leaves in the yard. It is my first raking of the year. More to come. I must admit that the pile of leaves is gone now and gone to the same place I took them last year, as chronicled in a post on Oct 4th. let's never speak of this again, again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree that it all looks awesome and that your coping joint discovery made it all come together. Congrats!