Saturday, January 04, 2014

Dad's Birthday Post

Along with having to work at the Hockey Game last night, Susan had to go in to work today. I guess Bill (her boss) got really behind while she was in Iowa, due to some equipment breakdowns and screw ups by vendors. When she is finished, she gets a couple hours of rest before going to hockey tonight.

My plans for the day include rebuilding my stack of fire wood, taking down the Christmas lights, finishing my unpacking from Iowa, drinking a beer, sterilizing the hot tub, and possibly cutting up a few pallets I have stacked up in the backyard.

Before I head out and do all my jobs, I would like to say "Happy Birthday" to my Dad. I think he would have been about 83 or 84.

10:53AM: Wood pile, Done! Fire place, Clean and Stocked and Done! Hot Tub, Chemicaled and smelling of eucalyptus. Christmas Lights, Nope!

12:45AM: I have just returned from the Hub where I met up with Lee prior to his driving to Portland. Long story and you have no need to know.

On my walk over to the Hub, I was commenting to myself on what a nice day it was and how nice it was to be out walking when my feet suddenly went out from under me and I dropped to the sidewalk like a sack of potatoes. I managed to be graceful enough to not hurt myself on the way down but down I went. I was not paying any attention to the sidewalk and I stepped on a small sheet of sidewalk ice.

7:45PM: Okay, most of my chores are complete but my major accomplishment of the day seems to be that I visited the Hub Tavern three times. Hat Trick!

The Christmas Lights are down and the front of the house looks like it's back to normal. 

There's still a lot of Christmas going on inside.

No comments: