Tuesday, January 21, 2014

God and Storm Windows

We've just returned home from a big church meeting. Big, in that we are facing a decision to allow another church the use of our building. You wouldn't think something like this would cause such consternation, but it is. 

The issue is we are a dying church. Our membership is old and not growing. We've cut the expenses of the church to bare bones and are making things work, but still, we are getting older and not much youth is coming through our doors.

I'm not sure having another church in the building is going to help us, but we do get rent out of them to the tune of $1,500.00 a month.

The big vote on whether to allow this is this Sunday and I guess we'll see how it goes. It could be close.

In the meantime, I have made no progress on storm windows. I'm basically stymied until I get my Plexiglas. I ordered a big sheet through work which will be much less expensive than going to Lowe's or the Depot.

I will have it here in the next couple of days. Then I can get my first window completed and get this storm window show rolling. The next one I'll build is for the upstairs bathroom, where I can feel the draft wafting through the window.


No comments: