Sunday, January 26, 2014

Moron Manor

Neither Susan nor I had a good day with home remodeling.

She was working on stenciling and hoping to make good progress. 
She ended up going backwards. The placement of the corner stencil was off a bit...enough to be painfully obvious and not at all acceptable.
And so, it had to go.

She'll have another go at it tomorrow...or the next day.

I went to the lumber store (Lowe's) and bought what I needed for my next storm window frames.

I got everything figured out and cut two pieces too short. About a quarter inch short, which is not at all acceptable. So, I had to go back and get another eight feet. Cost: $7.00 plus gas...and my time (.07).

This time around I'm using 1x2 pieces of poplar rather than the 2x2's I used on the first window. I had some issues fitting my last frame into place. I'm eventually going to have to trim part of the frame to make it work.

This time I'll make sure the frames fit properly before I continue to painting and glazing.
On a positive note, Susan did some touch up work on the fire place tile and it looks pretty good. Above is her repair work of the chipped tile. She has already painted the chipped tile to the left.
 Here is how it looks now. 
The color is slightly off but we are the only ones who will notice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're not the only ones. Now that you've brought it to my attention I notice, and the more I think about it, the more it bothers me.