Sunday, November 07, 2010

Fall Back

It was a light and stormy day. The pristine lawn that had only a day earlier been void of leaves was again covered with a thick blanket of autumn colors. The rain pelted down unmercifully, knocking the leaves from their tenuous grasp to the ground far below. Still, a lot of leaves still clung to the branches, refusing to release from the perch from which they have lived.

I was able to get out into the front yard for a while today and clean things up. But it will not last long. By tomorrow morning there will be no clue that I had done anything in the yard.

Prior to my front yard duties, I had toiled in the Carriage House, painting the rebuilt wall that I had Phil finish. I did a little bit of reorganizing in there and was able to clean things up just a bit. Not really all that much at all. It doesn't look any different. I don't know why I even brought it up.

Susan started wall papering yesterday and it is looking good. It is a very tense time during the hanging and one must prepare to by harangued by the paper hanger.

Here are some recent pictures of all the fun.

My friend Mike has been staying with us for a couple of days. He lives in Bellingham but comes over to visit his mom. Mike is one of those guys I grew with who I am still in contact with. I've known Mike for close to 50 years.

Last night we went to a local Comedy Club to see Mike's brother, Tom. He has been doing Stand Up Comedy since he was 19 and I think he's pretty close to 50 now. If you run a search on YouTube for Tom McTigue, you can see some of his act.

He was very funny and we had a great time. I think that is the first time I've gone to a Comedy Club in years.

No comments: