Monday, November 22, 2010

Significant Snow

I always love the first real snowfall of the year. That's when you get to break out the snow shovel and throw heavy snow all around and break your back. Then you get to fire up the snow blower and get cold frozen ice crystals blown back in your face and down your collar. Best of all...on the first day of a big snowfall...when most of the people who live here forget how to drive...you get to travel to work amongst all of them. It's great!

It didn't have a chance to break out the snow shovel or fire up the snow blower. All that will have to wait for after work. We got about 3 or 4 inches over the night and it is still coming down.

Surprisingly, my drive to work was uneventful and went quite smoothly, even though I traveled the freeway at 50 mph all the out. That's okay. I gave myself lots of time to get to work in anticipation of just such an event.

Here are a couple of pictures I took this morning.
Speaking of pictures, we were taking some pictures last night of the cats to get everything we need for our Christmas card. It was a horrible struggle as my effing camera has just about purchased the family acreage when crops are grown. I don't think I can take it anymore. There may very well be a lunch time visit to the Buy More.

Later that Day: Well, I did it. I went to the Buy More and I got a new Canon SD1400IS. It is the camera that my camera would become if it evolved. This one has a lot of the same features but is about half the thickness of my old and aging Canon Power Shot A560. Isn't that a great picture I took of the camera? Very Artsy! Look at the detail of it. It's quite amazing!

Upon arriving home, I commenced to snow blowing. There was about 3 or 4 inches of snow on the ground this morning and a couple more added to that during the day. I did my regular routine of the driveway, half way down the alley and three quarters of the sidewalk around the block. Specifically, I do the sidewalk on our side of Wall, I continue down Cleveland to the end of the block, then I clean off another swathe of the sidewalk as I return and go down the block on Waverly Place.

It seems to take about an hour and a half to cover all that.

As I write this, it is 10:47 PM and the snow is still falling. The TV says that we are under a Blizzard Warning right now until mid morning. I plan to wake up at 5 and do it all again. That all depends on how much of the forecast comes true.

I am guessing, but I don't think more than a couple of inches has fallen since I finished my Blow Job at about 6:45. That was four hours ago. If the snow continues at the same pace, I'll have a good solid four inches to deal with in my next Blow Job.

I'm suddenly feeling very Gay!

No comments: